POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : QUESTION: MegaPOV Code Questions/Problems (LONG) : Re: QUESTION: MegaPOV Code Questions/Problems (LONG) Server Time
2 Sep 2024 08:17:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: QUESTION: MegaPOV Code Questions/Problems (LONG)
From: Robert Alan Byer
Date: 5 Mar 2000 22:00:36
Message: <38C2D8F9.17602873@mail.ourservers.net>

> >> I think that everything in that  #ifdef POVISO section of
> >> declarations is pointless.
> >> None of those functions is ever used outside of tokenize.c,
> >> so they all should be "static".
> >>

> > I don't think this is the case as most of those functions (the ones I
> > listed) are used in "F_EXPR.C"  (In fact, that's the only place those
> > functions are used.)
>
> Today static functions are no longer a major issue in modern C.  The
> simplest solution is to just remove all of them and move on.
>
>      Thorsten

Thanks, what I just ended up doing for now to make it "proper"
(so-to-speak) was to put "#if defined(POVISO)" clauses for each of the
functions to match the prototypes.

(At least for now.)

It looks like the code needs to be cleaned up a bit and I think I might
just do that and submit the cleaned up code files here to help prevent
future confustion.

--

 | Robert Alan Byer         | "I don't want to take over the world,  |