POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Rerender of previous post (for Simon and Steve) : Re: Rerender of previous post (for Simon and Steve) Server Time
3 Oct 2024 00:31:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rerender of previous post (for Simon and Steve)
From: Sigmund Kyrre Aas
Date: 5 Mar 2000 17:02:27
Message: <38C2D7B3.B9DD7E15@stud.ntnu.no>
Glen Berry wrote:

> Why do you say this is not lens flare? One doesn't always need to use
..

Guess I should have elaborated on that. Sometimes subtlety gets lost on it's
way from my Norwegian speaking brain to the keyboard.
When a photographer sees this image, he thinks star filter, not lens flare.
I consider lens flare a flaw in the lens producing light of any shape that's
not really there. I just don't believe that the stars in Karl's image could be
generated by a lens. I know flare shapes and sizes depend on the lens, but
these are way too big. Okay, I guess you might argue that foo still is foo even
if it's out of scale, but not if it has a much stronger resemblance to bar.

Me sig, you Jane.