POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Great images.... but....why.... : Re: Great images.... but....why.... Server Time
3 Oct 2024 07:12:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Great images.... but....why....
From: Jon A  Cruz
Date: 1 Mar 2000 01:28:01
Message: <38BCB9A3.C34A10AE@geocities.com>
Hartmut Wagener wrote:

> The two lines on a trinitron-screen are technical needed, as anyone can
> imagine. But the ability of such a tube to show the pictures without
> disturbing *any* pixel-line with small grids makes the two lines acceptable.
> Comparing trinitron (or other screens with same technique) to ones with
> "old-fashioned" tubes makes the difference clear ...
>
> Hartmut
>

> noname-screen ...

Since I'm a computer professional, I make a good excuse and get Trinitron
exclusively. It has kept me a size smaller, or to getting a little less in the
computer, but having used them so much and compared them with others, the money
is well worth it.

Another thing that I find very nice about Trinitron tubes is that since they
are sections of cylinders instead of spheres, they are completly flat on any
line from top to bottom. Thus, if you have reflected glare from overhead
lights, tilting the monitor just a tiny bit will usually get rid of it.