POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : AniPlugin Feature Request: Cyclic animations : Re: AniPlugin Feature Request: Cyclic animations Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:23:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: AniPlugin Feature Request: Cyclic animations
From: Alexander Enzmann
Date: 29 Feb 2000 08:24:37
Message: <38BBC897.2C372BE4@mitre.org>
Florian Fischer wrote:

> I think that someone mentioned this point before, but I'd like to
> discuss this subject more precisely:
> In POV-Ray, cyclic animation means that the last frame of the
> animation is skipped, and the clock values calculated accordingly.
> That's, however, only the one point, but when introducing this in in
> the AnimPlugin, the second and the second-last key have to be copied
> too. (at least in cubic interpolation mode, but who'd use something
> else?)

What you are looking for is along the lines of the Out of Range Types
(ORT's) that Max has.  I agree that sort of flexibility is very
important.  Note that there are quite a few ways you might want the
cycle to be interpolated (ping-pong is just as popular as repetition).

Quite a bit if UI work and coding has to be completed to get there.
Keep hanging in there (and feel free to give me suggestions).

Xander