POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Micoroscope : Re: Micoroscope Server Time
3 Oct 2024 08:19:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Micoroscope
From: Ken
Date: 28 Feb 2000 21:27:21
Message: <38BB2E1F.C2ACD621@pacbell.net>
David Fontaine wrote:

> "mr.art" wrote:
>
> > In our day and age it would be called an antique. And at that
> > time, probably not cheep.
>
> Ie, an "old" model, just like I said...Well, I can say there is an aesthetic
> quality to antique tools.

I wouldn't go so far as to call them an antique. Edmund Scientific still
sells monocular microscopes and they are still used in the medical field
for slide viewing. All of the chemical and industrial manufacturing
inspection labs I have worked in had stereo microscopes. However several
of the circuit board shops I have worked in had monocular microscopes
for drill sharpening inspections and they were also used in the screen
printing area for the inspection of printing screens. They are not yet
obsolete !