POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Aviary : Re: The Aviary Server Time
3 Oct 2024 08:19:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Aviary
From: Josh English
Date: 28 Feb 2000 19:16:46
Message: <38BB1068.F959789E@spiritone.com>
I agree that not all of the people who post and respond have formal art training, but
we respond
in more than terms of the medium. Sure, we say "That media should be darker" because
we know what
it is because we know (or at least can guess) how certain things were done. We comment
on levels
of detail and realism (or surrealism). Actually, it seems that for more complete
scenes we do
comment on it from artistic points of view.
Now the models that H.E. Day and Jay Raney (to name to two that immediately pop to
mind) post
aren't really artistic images. They're models and we comment on them from that respect
and we
leave the art out because it hasn't entered the picture yet (pardon the pun)

Josh

--
Josh English
eng### [at] spiritonecom