POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Q: Image-Maps in Layered Textures : Q: Image-Maps in Layered Textures Server Time
5 Sep 2024 18:20:55 EDT (-0400)
  Q: Image-Maps in Layered Textures
From: Hendrik Iben
Date: 26 Feb 2000 17:03:38
Message: <38B84DD4.E5340CA8@bigfoot.de>
Hi,

I want to put a structure from a GIF file on another texture.
So I defined the ground-texture and the texture with the image map and
created a new texture like this :
my_texture =
texture { t_ground }
texture { t_image } // Color 0 was set to a transparency of 100%.

and applied it to my object.
But instead of showing the ground-texture where the image shows color 0
I only see a black area.
If I set the once-attribute in the image_map I see the ground-texture
around the image but still have the black areas in the image.

What am I doing wrong ?

Thanks for any help,
Hendrik Iben