POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Overwriting moray 3.1? : Re: Overwriting moray 3.1? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:17:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Overwriting moray 3.1?
From: Florian Fischer
Date: 26 Feb 2000 15:56:03
Message: <38B83DC0.58D3BF09@gmx.de>
> I've been looking at comments about Moray 3.2, and have downloaded
> the program, but have still not installed it.
>
> Documentation mentions that once a file is saved in 3.2, you cannot
> is still in the beta stages.

But beta time is over for a week... Don't you have the final version?

> Is it possible to have both Moray 3.1 and 3.2 running independantly?
> Does 3.2 overwrite 3.1, or otherwise interfere?

Yes, see this cite from Lutz on 01-16-00:
----------------------
> is it safe to run it side by side with an older version?
Hmmm. Depends on how you define safe.

By default they use the same registry branch, which means that things
will mess up (for example, you'll be asked to configure POV-Ray every
time you switch version).

It will probably work if you make Moray 3.2 use a different registry
branch. You can do this by editing the RegistryBase key in MORAY.INI
and making a new branc.. No guarantees though. And if you're not
comfortable with editing the registry, I'd recommend against it<g>.

> eg install it to \Moray3.2 with an older copy installed in
> \Moray3.1 - or
> will that be more trouble than its worth?
Yes, I think so.

> i have a scene on the go ya see, and want to finish it in the
> version i started it in (call it unknown bug fear!)
There should no serious bugs left in this version (famous last words,
I know<g>). And if there are I can always make a new exe available....

I wouldn't recommend it, but it's your choice of course...

Florian