POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : POV-Ray logo competition : Re: POV-Ray logo competition Server Time
3 Oct 2024 02:21:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray logo competition
From: Fabien Mosen
Date: 25 Feb 2000 15:42:13
Message: <38B6E8B8.77C85FE1@skynet.be>
Josh English wrote:

> Ugh. No offense, but the actual serious design training 've had recoils at
> this. Too many fonts in one piece. I like the general design, but there are
> what three or four fonts in this piece? Simplifiy it and It'll be a lot better
> in my opinion.

 I am aware of the one-font-please issue, and I usually shout when
I see more than one font in a document (and when, in french, people
doesn't put accents on capitals, but that's another story :))).
 However, this is a logo, not a document, and some fantaisist use
of font is not as prohibited as in a document.  Basically, I intended
to use a single font, but the design implied that the "V" and the "y"
had the same angle;  Since I didn't found a nice font who had this
requirement, I used a different font for "V" and "y".  Once I had two
fonts in the design (wich has only 5 letters !), I thought that using
4 different fonts wouldn't hurt, and would become another system in
itself, with it's own coherence.
 Yes, I think that one-font would be a good thing, but it has to be
THE right font, sober but interesting, with equal angle in V and y.
I'll do some more researching, and if I find that font, I'll give it
another try.
 BTW, it could be nice if we had a specific, unique, Pov-Ray font, that
could become some kind of standard for everything related to pov...
Don't know...

Fabien.