POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Feature question: exporting : Re: Feature question: exporting Server Time
2 Sep 2024 10:16:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Feature question: exporting
From: Anders Haglund
Date: 22 Feb 2000 05:32:45
Message: <38B265C8.9EEB43CE@chl.chalmers.se>
"Greg M. Johnson" wrote:

> Will pov ever be able to export pov-derived object?  Say, export a pov
> blob or pov isosurface to dxf or mesh?

I made a test patch sometime last year to make meshes from blobs and
render wich could easily be expanded to include isosurfaces and
exporting of the triangles.
The patch uses a method similar to marching cubes, but it uses
tetrahedrons instead.
Anyway, if you can code some I can send you the changes made to the
povray source so you can make your own exporter.

/Anders