POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : IRIDIA (~55kau) : Re: IRIDIA (~55kau) Server Time
3 Oct 2024 08:19:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRIDIA (~55kau)
From: Ken
Date: 21 Feb 2000 23:22:31
Message: <38B20EB2.1A924D14@pacbell.net>
TonyB wrote:

> I put a lot of effort and inspiration into my story. No cliches whatsoever.
> I didn't write it for school either. I wrote it for myself. I just came
> together with all these ideas of mine, reinterpreted some futuristic ones
> and thought and researched, and wrote. Then, while researching one day, I
> find the story for Doom, and the friggin' thing was practically identical to
> mine, to my grave dissapointment and dismay. :(

It has been noted that the likelihood of a person having an original thought
is now almost impossible. Your story illustrates that point well. At the age
of 8 I composed my first melody on the piano. It was I thought a reasonably
complicated little ditty and I was very proud of it. Several years later I
heard my tune almost note for note being played on a classical music radio
station. The author of this obscure little melody - Mozart ! Go figure :)