POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Hex Maze : Re: Hex Maze Server Time
3 Oct 2024 10:19:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hex Maze
From: David Fontaine
Date: 21 Feb 2000 13:14:06
Message: <38B17FE7.A75F9AB9@faricy.net>
"SamuelT." wrote:

> Yes, I've thought of doing it that way.
>
> David Fontaine wrote:
>
> > But it's not really a maze, now, is it?
> > One way of generating a maze is to go through the walls in a random
> > order and knock it down if there is not already a path from the
> > room on one side to the room on the other.

Of course this is much easier to program for square mazes than hexagonal
ones. I tried a while back to make a hex-maze generator using this
algorithm, without success, but my logic skills are probably a lot better
now :-)

--
 | \     |_                 <dav### [at] faricynet> <ICQ 55354965>
 |_/avid |ontaine               http://www.faricy.net/~davidf/

"Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come" -Beatles