POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Baseball, 24kbu : Re: Baseball, 24kbu Server Time
3 Oct 2024 04:58:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Baseball, 24kbu
From: H E  Day
Date: 20 Feb 2000 23:24:57
Message: <38B0BD23.2107814A@fci.net>
> * Why can't I get blobs blobby? This is my first attempt with blobs, and as you
> can see there is a sharp edge where the bump making spheres intersects the ball
> sphere.

First, decrease your threshold to .1.  As for the intersections, you should make
multiple copies of the objects you wish to blob. Make the components increase in
diameter, and decrease the component power.  This "feathers" the edges, resulting
in a much smoother edge.

> * How do I prevent the image maps from appearing at the reverse side? I've
> tried gradient texture maps, but was told that texture maps couldn't be used in
> layered textures. (or something)

This actually works just fine. The texture on my sports car is entirely dependent
on this working just fine. my suggestion is to experiment.

--
H.E. Day