POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : What happened : Re: What happened Server Time
3 Oct 2024 13:17:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What happened
From: Ken
Date: 20 Feb 2000 19:03:41
Message: <38B0808F.9915AFF4@pacbell.net>
Peter Popov wrote:

> Glen,
>
> undel any legislature one is the owher of one's intelectual product,
> be it a post or a picture ot whatever. The Team know this pretty well
> I am sure. Nowhere is it said nor implied that they or anyone else is
> the owner of your or anyone else's posts and/or work posted here. This
> statement is there for our own sake, to discourage people from feeding
> articles from this server on the Usenet and vice versa, thus saving us
> from the spammers out there.
>
> Besides, this *is* a private newsserver as it is not connected to the
> Usenet public servers.

I admit that I know exactly what the intent of the server copyright warning
is. I just thought I would play the "word" lawyer or devils advocate so to
speak :)

Any statement like that is open to various interpertaions unless it is
clearly spelled out and the server copyright warning appended to each
message on this server is a clear case of this.