POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Fresh Donuts!!! (~46kau) : Re: Book inflation (was: Fresh Donuts!!!) Server Time
3 Oct 2024 13:20:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Book inflation (was: Fresh Donuts!!!)
From: Jon A  Cruz
Date: 20 Feb 2000 17:55:21
Message: <38B07240.B57B55BC@geocities.com>
"mr.art" wrote:

> USA, Minnesota, Minneapolis
>
> Scott Reid wrote:
> >
> > David Fontaine wrote:
> >
> > > And the problem with books is you don't realize they're crap until after you pay
the
> > > $15 (yes, $15) and actually read it and by then you've wasted irreplaceable time
and
> > > money.
> >
> >    Fifteen bucks for a paperback? You must live in Canada...
>
> --
> Mr. Art
>
> "Often the appearance of reality is more important
> than the reality of the appearance."
> Bill DeWitt 2000

WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!

Man, did they see you coming.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0345391802/o/qid=951086745/sr=2-1/102-2693460-5552045

http://shop.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?userid=4L1PA5DQWA&mscssid=6QMQP40UUXS12P1U00JP4BC8EVSKAL98&srefer=&salesurl=Rwww.bn.com/&isbn=0345391802

http://search.borders.com/fcgi-bin/db2www/search/search.d2w/Details?&mediaType=Book&prodID=2613314

List price $6.99
On-line price: $5.59

To be fair, perhaps your local stores just don't have a good selection. Thus the
reason for
Amazon, bn.com and others like that. The large paperback has a list price of $12.00.

I'm lucky here. When I do bother reading the libraries in this area have a decent
collection. Also, there are many good used book stores all over the place.

--
"My new computer's got the clocks, it rocks
But it was obsolete before I opened the box" - W.A.Y.