POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : What happened : Re: What happened Server Time
3 Oct 2024 13:19:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What happened
From: Ken
Date: 19 Feb 2000 03:57:57
Message: <38AE5AC4.E5F85108@pacbell.net>
ingo wrote:

> How about transferring the purged files to a web archive on one of the free
> webspace providers. For example like: http://members.xoom.com/altphotoprc/

  I doubt Chris would ever go for this. Every one of us that use this
news server are protected from spam bots collecting our addresses and
bombarding us with spam. The second you move these articles to a public
web site we all become potential victims. Many of the people here use
non spam protected e-mail addresses because they know they are protected
on this closed news server. It would be a violation of that faith we
have put in Chris's efforts to provide us with a spam free environment
and I don't think he would intentionaly work against himself in that
regard.

Nope. I do not see this as an alternative nor do I think others would
be happy about it.