POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : What happened : Re: What happened Server Time
3 Oct 2024 04:54:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What happened
From: Ken
Date: 18 Feb 2000 11:50:41
Message: <38AD7816.3059C432@pacbell.net>
Josh English wrote:

> Did the p.b.i newsgroup get cleared out? I have been going though the
> older stuff and making lots of notes on the images of the past, and
> there were over 20,000 posts. This morning there are only 5007 messages.
> Did the newsgroup get cropped? I don't have any threads from November 99
> or earlier.

This group became a victim of server overflow. We ran out of space on
the server and Chris Cason had to remove many of the articles. I am
working on him to restore some of them but I don't know how far I
will get with this. Give me a few days and hopefully we will get some
of them back - he sounded hopefull when I asked him about it.