POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : IK robot : Re: IK robot Server Time
20 Jul 2024 19:21:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IK robot
From: Mikael Carneholm
Date: 17 Feb 2000 04:46:13
Message: <38ABC348.F0C081B5@ida.utb.hb.se>
"Greg M. Johnson" wrote:

> I am sure that your algorithm is ingenious, but given the motion you
> chose, it looks like it could have been done with a simple non-IK
> algorithm.

Hand coded script: no.
Moray animation plugin with cubic interpolation: yes

:)

> If you had it start with an empty hand, pick up an object from shelf A
> and drop it on shelf B, you might get more oohs and aahs.

I know, I did this animation about as soon as I had downloaded the
animation plugin, only to test it. (And to test to animate an IK object).
It could be made _much_ prettier, but I'll leave that to someone else...
:)

Mikael Carneholm
Dep. of Computer Science and Business Administration

Personal home page:
http://www.studenter.hb.se/~arch
E-mail:
sa9### [at] idautbhbse