POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : help on CPU upgrade : help on CPU upgrade Server Time
5 Sep 2024 18:22:04 EDT (-0400)
  help on CPU upgrade
From: J  Kim
Date: 15 Feb 2000 21:52:35
Message: <38AA10CB.3F3A4540@mm.ewha.ac.kr>
Dear all,

  I am planning on upgrading my Pentium II 233MHz(512K cache) to Celeron
433MHz(128K cache).  Motherboard, RAM, and all other hardwares will be
the same.
I might not upgrade my motherboard yet. The current motherboard can
accept upto Pentium II 333MHz(512K cache) or the Celeron 433MHz.
Would the Celeron 433 give me performance boost of about 80% or more,
even though the cache size has been reduced, in terms of POV-ray
raytracing?
Any comment would be welcome.
   Thanks in advance,

Jong