POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 16x9 : Re: 16x9 Server Time
3 Oct 2024 04:55:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 16x9
From: David Fontaine
Date: 15 Feb 2000 17:57:42
Message: <38A9D97D.B479C595@faricy.net>
Pascal Baillehache wrote:

> > 2) it cuts about 20% of the render time out.
>
> How can it reduce render time ?? I really don't understand what you mean !

If you just chop off the top and bottom of a 3:4 pic. If you increased the
width to keep the pixel count the same, it would do nothing for render time.
This chopping is kind of a cheap way of rendering in a smaller res.

--
 | \     |_                 <dav### [at] faricynet> <ICQ 55354965>
 |_/avid |ontaine               http://www.faricy.net/~davidf/

"Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come" -Beatles