POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Work never ceases at the primitive factory. (154k) : Re: Work never ceases at the primitive factory. (154k) Server Time
3 Oct 2024 07:10:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Work never ceases at the primitive factory. (154k)
From: Thomas Lake
Date: 11 Feb 2000 20:23:19
Message: <38A40E02.8164968C@home.com>
Josh English wrote:

> hMM.. at first it looked like the first run produced the shape, second run
> colored it, third run added a finish, and the last run added a finish as
> well... am I missing something with this idea. I figured putting a normal on
> the objects would be in line as well....

Nope the last run adds a normal as you thought. I should probably increase the
bump depth on the normal to make them more visible.

> I like the idea,

Thanks:-)

> and I think it would make a nice little animation ("The
> texuring of a superellipsoid")

Yeah I to though it would make a good animation, although the model isn't really
built for animations. It would be hard to animate the conveyor belt surface to
make it move/bend/conform correctly.

--
Come visit my web site:-) : http://www.geocities.com/~thomaslake/