POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : orthographic is not accurate : Re: orthographic is not accurate Server Time
5 Sep 2024 18:20:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: orthographic is not accurate
From: Jon A  Cruz
Date: 11 Feb 2000 00:49:02
Message: <38A3A30A.6D156E66@geocities.com>
LSC wrote:

> I found that orthographic view in povray is not accurate. When I draw a box,
> I get some curve at the edge, and the upper face and the lower face look
> unparallel. Is there anyway I can make the image more accurate?

Are you sure the lines are not parallel? You mention that they don't 'look'
parallel, but did you actually measure them?

http://web.inter.nl.net/hcc/Hans.Kuiper/optical1.htm
http://web.inter.nl.net/hcc/Hans.Kuiper/optical7.htm
http://web.inter.nl.net/hcc/Hans.Kuiper/optical4.htm

A sample source and image would help.

--
"My new computer's got the clocks, it rocks
But it was obsolete before I opened the box" - W.A.Y.