POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Demo of spherical height-field (isosurface) 24kb : Re: Demo of spherical height-field (isosurface) 24kb Server Time
3 Oct 2024 07:11:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Demo of spherical height-field (isosurface) 24kb
From: David Fontaine
Date: 8 Feb 2000 17:15:41
Message: <38A09538.215BBB8@faricy.net>
So now if I could find a way to remap a sphere back to normal x,y,z
coordinates I could render image maps to smulate normal displacement. (Make a
sphere with a certain pigment, but remap the pigment so the surface of the
sphere is on a plane so that if you render that plane and map it to a sphere
you get the original result)

--
 | \     |_                 <dav### [at] faricynet> <ICQ 55354965>
 |_/avid |ontaine               http://www.faricy.net/~davidf/

"Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come" -Beatles