POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : ini_option : Re: ini_option Server Time
2 Sep 2024 10:18:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ini_option
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 7 Feb 2000 13:51:54
Message: <389f144a@news.povray.org>
Nieminen Juha <war### [at] punarastascstutfi> wrote...
> ingo <ing### [at] homenl> wrote:
> : "Note: The ini_option will probably be discontinued in the future."
> : Why is this?
>
>   I don't know the reason, but I can imagine a couple of them:
>
>   - Security.

Not a problem in the current implementation.

>   - The type of rendering (size, antialiasing, etc) should specified
outside
> the scene, not inside.

Why?  Because "that's the way it's always been"?  That by itself is not a
good reason.  (That reason, coupled with "users appreciate backwards
compatibility and consistency", as Thorsten mentioned, is a pretty good
reason, however.)

-Nathan