POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Crash with trace() and mesh : Re: Crash with trace() and mesh Server Time
2 Sep 2024 10:14:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Crash with trace() and mesh
From: Ron Parker
Date: 7 Feb 2000 08:10:42
Message: <389ec452@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 6 Feb 2000 22:57:23 -0500, Nathan Kopp wrote:
>In your posted version the blob queue was fixed, but the mesh queue was not.

Oddly enough, my local version is that way too.  It must have been one of
the changes I lost when my HD died.

>BTW, is it a good idea to leave initialize the queue before parsing and
>leave it that way after the trace() function is called?  Might it be a good
>idea to reset it between parsing and rendering and even between successive
>calls to trace()?

Does it do that when you render a real scene?  If so, then yes.  If not,
there's probably no harm in initializing it early.  Personally, I can't find
anywhere that it gets initialized other than that first call, so I'd guess
it's fine the way it is.