POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : ini_option : Re: ini_option Server Time
2 Sep 2024 16:19:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ini_option
From: Ken
Date: 7 Feb 2000 17:10:50
Message: <389F42C3.E8D2D8B2@pacbell.net>
Thorsten Froehlich wrote:

> > 1.) image output format i.e. tga, png, ...
>
> Hmm, "sys"?  ;-)

Well it is a platform independant option anyway isn't it ?

> > 3.) animation options - clock, Initial_Frame, Final_Frame, Cyclic_Animation...
>
> Interesting, I never thought about that but it would make sense once the
> need for re-parsing for animations is eliminated. It would however break the
> QT movie output on Macs, but I could surely find a solution.

I think those that do a lot of animation work would really appreciate this
one. As far as the QT problem Thorsten is wise and all knowing so finding
a solution should be no problem :)

> > 4.) automatic bounding on/off
>
> Maybe a better bounding system would also do the job?

This of course would be preferable. I never know for sure when manual
bounding will help out and usually only through trial and error do I
find out if it helps the render time. Still there are some games you
can play with manual bounding for special effects that it would be
nice to be able to disable it when you want to.