POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : DO NOT OPEN THIS POST!!!!! (125k solo) : Re: DO NOT OPEN THIS POST!!!!! (125k solo) Server Time
3 Oct 2024 15:11:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: DO NOT OPEN THIS POST!!!!! (125k solo)
From: Thomas Lake
Date: 7 Feb 2000 22:57:32
Message: <389EEC20.F6643E45@home.com>
Well the fact the it mutates does make it harder to make a vaccine for AIDS.
But the main reason is that what we normally consider a vaccine depends on
you have a healthy immune system. Usually the inject a weakened strain  or
dead viruses into your body. Then your immune system recognizes the virus
and produces an immune reaction and antibodies. Next time you get the virus
your body has the antibodies to recognize and fight it off. This is not
possible for HIV because of its vary nature. It hides away from the immune
system so you never develop immunity to it. I believe current vaccine work
is being done on trying to block the proteins the virus uses to enter a
humans cells. This is quite different from a normal vaccine.

--
Come visit my web site:-) : http://www.geocities.com/~thomaslake/