POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : blur : Re: blur Server Time
3 Oct 2024 07:08:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: blur
From: Matt Giwer
Date: 5 Feb 2000 02:48:04
Message: <389BD5EA.9675E71D@ij.net>
Mark Wagner wrote:

> it's just used to encompass gamma correction, resizing,
> conversion to JPEG format, and so forth, all of which are legal. Another
> guideline is,

    Gamma correction is a bad term I picked up. It is better termed gamma
normalization. It will generally improve a scene's viewability that is too hard
to get exactly right in POV. But it will also turn a moonlit scene into a
daylight scene.

> don't do anything to the image that you wouldn't be prepared
> to do for every frame of a 30-minute animation.

    Photoshop now has scripting. Time to rephrase the rule.

--
The question is not, "Who will let me do it?"
The question is, "Who will stop me?"