POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : MegaPov 0.4, macros trouble : Re: MegaPov 0.4, macros trouble Server Time
2 Sep 2024 18:19:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MegaPov 0.4, macros trouble
From: Jon A  Cruz
Date: 3 Feb 2000 21:42:32
Message: <389A3D9E.1B538E2A@geocities.com>
Ron Parker wrote:

> On 3 Feb 2000 03:14:41 -0500, Nieminen Juha wrote:
> >Jon A. Cruz <jon### [at] geocitiescom> wrote:
> >: Could I bug you to try to always use braces, even for single line
> >: bodies?
> >
> >:   if(Ch=='\n') {
> >:           ungetc ('\r', (FILE *) File->Data);
> >:   }
> >
> >  Good idea, as long as you don't put the braces that way.
> >  The opening brace of a block should be at the beginning of the block, not
> >at the end of the previous line.
>
> I think this belongs in the "For your information" thread, as it's a
> religious battle.  FWIW, the indenting style above is at least as accepted
> as the one you're advocating, for the simple reason that it lets you fit
> more code in a screenful without sacrificing much in the way of readability.

Also, some argue that the lining up of closing braces with the opening brace
might be not as readable as lining it up with the construct that had the body.
i.e. the closing brace closes the 'if' not the '{'. So for many it is more
readable. Of course, if you also have the practice of always using braces, this
is more true.

But I don't care so much where they go, just that they are there somewhere.

--
"My new computer's got the clocks, it rocks
But it was obsolete before I opened the box" - W.A.Y.