POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : MegaPov 0.4, macros trouble : Re: macros trouble Server Time
2 Sep 2024 18:14:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: macros trouble
From: Jon A  Cruz
Date: 3 Feb 2000 21:40:12
Message: <389A3D11.AE82E78F@geocities.com>
Thomas Willhalm wrote:

> That's why I let EMACS do the indentation do for me. This results in
> a correct indentation in the sense that it reflects the assignment of
> lines to loops and if statements.

Yes. But once a single maintenance person comes by months or years later
who doesn't...

[SNIP]

> Because of this, I add braces to my multi-line macros. (In C++ I don't
> use multi-line macros at all.)

Right. Wich I also do (when I do it). I also make sure to user parenthesis
around macro parameters in the macro itself also...

But some may not. Especially in large and/or longer-lived projects.

--
"My new computer's got the clocks, it rocks
But it was obsolete before I opened the box" - W.A.Y.