POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Shield Technology [19KB] : Re: Shield Technology [19KB] Server Time
3 Oct 2024 09:26:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Shield Technology [19KB]
From: Justin Whitton
Date: 3 Feb 2000 09:21:54
Message: <38998f02@news.povray.org>
Chris Huff wrote in message ...

>This is one of the things I designed my proximity pattern for...it is
>included in the latest release of MegaPOV, you might want to have a look
>at it. It is probably slower than this method, though...

Chris,

I didn't see the proximity pattern when I did my glance through of features
in MegaPov 0.4. I could have saved myself all that coding by using the
proximity pattern as a pigment function in an ISO surface to get exactly
what I was after. (I was trying to get a real surface around the object,
although the proximity pattern will do when I only need an apparent surface
created from media.) Time to do a speed check and to see if I understand the
proximity docs properly.

Oh well, another short lived POV coding high for me.

Justin