POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Shield Technology [19KB] : Re: Shield Technology [19KB] Server Time
3 Oct 2024 09:22:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Shield Technology [19KB]
From: Justin Whitton
Date: 3 Feb 2000 09:21:53
Message: <38998f01@news.povray.org>
Bob Hughes wrote in message <38994152@news.povray.org>...
>Innovative, as Bill Gates might say.  Seems the ship is getting obscured a
lot,
>shouldn't it be more visible?  Other than that this is great.

The macro creates a mesh surrounding the object. The visibility is then
defined by what texture and interior you apply to the mesh. In the examples
posted I filled the interior with a media that enhanced the viewing edges of
the mesh to show the shape.

When I render with more "shieldish" textures the shape is not readily seen.
(Most shields/forcefields don't appear to have an interior.)

Justin