POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Space Beacon (231KB BU) : Re: Space Beacon (231KB BU) Server Time
3 Oct 2024 15:10:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Space Beacon (231KB BU)
From: Paul Vanukoff
Date: 3 Feb 2000 07:40:26
Message: <3899773a@news.povray.org>
"David Fontaine" <dav### [at] faricynet> wrote in message
> Neat, but why cubical? Then again it is the only tileable polyhedron.

Actually, I wanted a sphere neatly split into 27 pieces (3x3x3) but also
wanted the rounded edges, so I went with 27 superellipsoids instead, as my
modelling skills aren't snazzy enough to do my original idea. I assume I
could do it using an isosurface (?) but I haven't even messed with mega yet.

--
Paul Vanukoff
van### [at] primenetcom