POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Comparison between blinn and specular : Not blinned (yet) [~45KB] Server Time
3 Oct 2024 09:27:51 EDT (-0400)
  Not blinned (yet) [~45KB]
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 3 Feb 2000 05:51:26
Message: <38995dae@news.povray.org>
Here's a couple "crushed velvet" pictures that can be done in POV-Ray 3.0*,
thanks to some people at AOL with plenty of helpful ideas.  Maybe not perfect
but it's faked okay imo  :-)

Bob

"Peter Warren" <int### [at] halcyoncom> wrote in message
| To answer the question I think the difference is
| very noticeable.
|
| Please allow me this small digression.
| The textural quality of the blinn image
| struck me as similar to the shader
| SHW_velvet (by Stephen H. Westin).
|
| Attached is an image using this shader.
| (Made with BMRT a great, but IMNSHO,
|  too complex for the average person
|  program.)

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'bluevelv.jpg' (20 KB) Download 'redvelv.jpg' (15 KB)

Preview of image 'bluevelv.jpg'
bluevelv.jpg

Preview of image 'redvelv.jpg'
redvelv.jpg