POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : image_pattern (180kbu) : Re: image_pattern (180kbu) Server Time
3 Oct 2024 09:23:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: image_pattern (180kbu)
From: mr art
Date: 2 Feb 2000 20:06:51
Message: <3898D4C6.74D883A8@gci.net>
Well, this is what I did.
#macro PlanetMac(Pic1,Pic2,Rad,Prec)
union	{
	#local Pig1 =pigment{image_map {png Pic1 interpolate 2 map_type 1}}
	#local Pig2 =pigment{image_map {png Pic2 interpolate 2 map_type 1}}
	#local Pic= function{pigment{Pig1}}
	#local R0=Rad;
	#local FUNC1=function {"sphere",<R0>}
	// more highlighting (water)
	#declare Tex1=texture {
				pigment {Pig2}
				finish	{
					blinn 1 facets .2 reflect_metallic conserve_energy diffuse .3
					roughness .04 reflection .15
					}
				}
	 // less highlighting (land)
	#declare Tex2=texture {pigment {Pig2}finish {blinn 0 specular 0 phong
0}}
	isosurface
		{
		function{FUNC1(x,y,z)-(Pic(x,y,z)*R0*Prec)}
		contained_by {sphere {0,R0*(1+Prec)}}
		method 2 max_gradient 10
		material{
			texture {
				image_pattern { png Pic2 map_type 1} // use_alpha
				texture_map { [.33 Tex1][.33 Tex2]}
				}
			interior{ior 20}
			}
		}
	sphere	{0,0 hollow pigment{ Blue transmit .8}}	// to be used as water
later
	}
#end