POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Ambient Settings? : Re: Ambient Settings? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 18:20:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ambient Settings?
From: Ken
Date: 2 Feb 2000 16:02:41
Message: <38989B5F.34E65936@pacbell.net>
Sander wrote:

> Why not?

Sander,

For the most part it is a matter of courtesy for those who do not have
html enabled browsers. It has been agreed by many of our visitors that
plain text messages would be the best format for all people involved.

  The following is the relevant portion of our server posting policy.
If you want to read the full post it is available in the announcement
group.

    Subject: Where can I post my binary or text file?
       Date: Sun, 20 Jun 1999 17:01:21 GMT
       From: Alan Kong <ako### [at] pacbellNO-SPAMnet>
 Newsgroups: povray.announce.frequently-asked-questions

Put simply, a binary is any file that is not a plain text file. For
our newsgroup purposes, the following are examples of binary files:

- HTML-encoded text (many people who follow our newsgroups use
  newsreaders that cannot automatically read HTML posts without
  launching an external Web browser. Please post plain text messages
  or, at least a combination of plain text and HTML),