POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Smoke... - ParticleSim.jpg (1/1) : Re: Smoke... - ParticleSim.jpg (1/1) Server Time
3 Oct 2024 09:25:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Smoke... - ParticleSim.jpg (1/1)
From: Peter Warren
Date: 2 Feb 2000 05:08:13
Message: <3898020d@news.povray.org>
Chris Huff wrote in message ...
>I have been working on a simple particle simulation for atmospheric
>effects like smoke, and here is the first result.
Looks promising.
>No media was used
Impressive.
>render time is tolerable with smaller amounts of particles, but really
>slows down where many are densly packed.
Well, it is POV. :)
>Parse time is a bigger problem, I tend to get impatient with the speed
>of parsing POV simulations.
I can imagine, however I would hope that this would not be an obstacle
in your continued work with this project.
>If there is interest, I will add some finishing touches to the source
>and post it. I will probably make a C++ version someday, it will run the
>simulation much faster.
I think this is a given. (That there is interest.) If you do find the time
to finish it up and post it, this would be great. A C++ version would
only be a plus (no pun intended).

Thanks for your work,
Peter Warren
war### [at] hotmailcom