POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : MegaPov 0.4: my post_process renders [~90KB] : MegaPov 0.4: my post_process renders [~90KB] Server Time
3 Oct 2024 09:26:34 EDT (-0400)
  MegaPov 0.4: my post_process renders [~90KB]
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 2 Feb 2000 02:20:54
Message: <3897dad6@news.povray.org>
Self explanatory image containing 5 renders, at least self explanatory if you
have looked into the 'post_process' feature at all, maybe not so otherwise.
  Most noticeable thing I've seen about it is the tendency to undo any
antialiasing.  The 'depth' post process removes AA entirely but then that's the
idea, no shades of gray where they ought not to be.  But for the other two
processes it's kind of disrupting the primary render.  It might not be extremely
obvious in these images although I tried somewhat to make it so, look at the
speaker edges especially.
  Btw, I'm not complaining about it, these are way too good having them
available, just wanted to point it out for anyone about to go into it
themselves.  If focal_blur and soft_glow were AA friendly it would be fabulous
stuff.
Remember to use +FT or +FC or File_Output_Type=T or C!

Bob
--
omniVerse http://users.aol.com/persistenceofv/all.htm

Post a reply to this message