POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : image_pattern (180kbu) : Re: image_pattern (180kbu) Server Time
3 Oct 2024 09:27:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: image_pattern (180kbu)
From: Matt Giwer
Date: 1 Feb 2000 23:05:17
Message: <3897AD2F.48C0E764@ij.net>
"mr.art" wrote:

> This is a large pic. I tried to get the land to have
> a different finish than the water. Seems to have worked.
> --
> Mr. Art
>
> "Often the appearance of reality is more important
> than the reality of the appearance."
> Bill DeWitt 2000

    Keeping mind that what viewers expect it judged the best,
this image is like pre-satellite days when everyone
understimated the cloud cover. And here, no clouds at all. In
fact if you look at pre-satellite artists' rendidtions even
from Bonstell, you see what you show, no clouds at all.

    It is as strange as all the writers and artists never
thinking fo craters on Mars before the first images of Mars.