POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : MegaPov 0.4, macros trouble : Re: MegaPov 0.4, macros trouble Server Time
2 Sep 2024 12:13:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MegaPov 0.4, macros trouble
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 1 Feb 2000 15:34:35
Message: <3897435b@news.povray.org>
david sharp <dsh### [at] interportnet> wrote...

> Disabling FastMacroPatch lets the macros work, but
> thats not quite satisfactory. I want the macros FAST, too!
>
> For some reason there is a problem with the FastMacroPatch
> as compiled by djgpp under ms-dos.

Try converting between DOS (cr+lf) and unix (lf only) text files - this will
probably have an affect on it.  Compilers, unfortunately, are not standard
in how they handle fseek() and ftell(), especially when dealing with DOS
files.  I've got code in there that's supposed to handle all situations, but
I guess I didn't anticipate whatever DJGPP is doing to the code.

-Nathan