POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : post_process {} broken? : post_process {} broken? Server Time
2 Sep 2024 12:19:47 EDT (-0400)
  post_process {} broken?
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 31 Jan 2000 04:48:41
Message: <38955a79@news.povray.org>
First thing I'm going to say is thankyou to everyone involved in the existence
of MegaPov 0.4.  I can't begin to show my appreciation, it's fully 10 times more
than POV-Ray has ever been previously... dare I say 100 times.  Yes, I can.
Even 1000 times more a raytracer than ever before.
With that obsequious banter aside, now I must tell of the problem I encountered.
First thing, and only thing, I've tried so far is 'post_process' and the
rendered Png output file seems to be corrupted somehow.  PSP won't open it,
IrfanView will but guess what?  There isn't any final render like what shows in
the display window within POV!  The post processing isn't there, just the
regular unprocessed image.  Another thing that I have to ask about is what the
*tpn file is for.  I can actually open that in PSP without trouble yet it's
still just the unpostprocessed render too.
Another thing I guess I should point out though I'm uncertain it's a defect or
not, the focal_blur is always in focus from the camera to the distance given
apparently and not a range around the focus point like the camera blur in
official POV does.  Unless I'm mistaken.
Footnote: focal_blur and soft_glow were both used at the same time and I used
radiosity also.  Windows 98SE on PC.

I have taken a look through both the Help and Html files and found no mention of
that Tpn file output (some sort of temporary file I presume).

Hope I've described the situation okay; back to the rendering after I get some
shut-eye.  It's such a thrill already I don't know how I can sleep.
Thanks again everyone  8-}}

Bob
--
omniVerse http://users.aol.com/persistenceofv/all.htm