POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sunset w/ atmospherics (~40 Kb) : Re: Sunset w/ atmospherics (~40 Kb) Server Time
3 Oct 2024 15:13:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sunset w/ atmospherics (~40 Kb)
From: Abe
Date: 30 Jan 2000 15:05:31
Message: <3894995C.5A1E2D4D@taconic.net>
No, this is not even close to an imitation - just good old turbulence.
Your comment, however, started a train of thought around the idea of
using a surface with an appropriatly purturbed normal and an ior to
simulate this effect. Actually, this is still pretty far from "the real
thing", but it might be interesting to try.

In regards to "Cadman's Ray-tracing Philosophy", I would agree with it -
in part. However, in regards to addressing _art_ ... well, thats a topic
for povray.philosophy.art  :)