POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sunset w/ atmospherics (~40 Kb) : Re: Sunset w/ atmospherics (~40 Kb) Server Time
3 Oct 2024 15:09:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sunset w/ atmospherics (~40 Kb)
From: Abe
Date: 30 Jan 2000 14:52:24
Message: <38949649.7CA8488@taconic.net>
If its OK, I'd rather not post this source (as it stands) simply because
it is so clumsy and dirty - chiefly in respect to handling the color
gradient on the sky. Roughly speaking the workings are as follows:

- The haze is a partial filtering fog. This reddens the sun disc at the
bottom.

- The sundisc is a y gradient pigment_map on a disk. The pigment map
entries consist of a spherical pattern w/ increasing x turbulence. This
is done via a #while loop. (The whole gradient had to be shifted to
avoid the mirroring about 0.) A turbulence warp is used to squash the
"distortions".

The scene, as coded, has little bearing on reality (scattering,
refraction, etc.). However, it is relatively fast.

I hope this answers some questions. If someone is interested in more I
can post some snippets in p.t.s-f

-Abe