POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My weekly offering (71KB) : Re: My weekly offering (71KB) Server Time
3 Oct 2024 09:25:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My weekly offering (71KB)
From: Justin Whitton
Date: 30 Jan 2000 10:06:49
Message: <38945389@news.povray.org>
Karl Pelzer wrote in message <389423A1.EF26F862@t-online.de>...

>I like this "cartoon drawing" style. How did you do it?

I could tell you it was a painstakingly careful choice of textures and
lighting, but to tell the truth, it just happened like that. When the first
test render finished I thought it had a "cartoon drawing" style to it and I
presume this is due to the pastel colours in the image.

My Friday abstracts/offerings scenes are usually designed in the slow
periods at work on a Friday afternoon. This scene took about 10 minutes to
design (most of that remembering how to use my rotobj macro.) The 3200x2400
version I now have sitting on my hard disk takes 10hrs to render on a PII
266.

jus### [at] rayjayclaracouk

P.S.: source is now in p.b.s-f, enjoy