POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Escher POV museum (78kbbu) : Re: Escher POV museum (78kbbu) Server Time
3 Oct 2024 17:13:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Escher POV museum (78kbbu)
From: Peter Warren
Date: 30 Jan 2000 08:38:30
Message: <38943ed6@news.povray.org>
Ron Parker wrote in message ...

>>Wow, honored, as always, to speak to you.
>
>I can't imagine why.

The "honor" I speak of, Ron, is for your, to my mind,
'vast' knowldege of the inards of PovRay.
This is something that I could never hope to achieve,
Whereas it may only be a normal part of your day
to day existence, for me it is a marvel.

>I think he did okay, too.  My point was that this was one painting
>that was done before the notion of perspective drawing took off.
>Most painters of the time wouldn't have even tried, so their work
>appears flat.

The idea of perspective is a notion that had coalesced
fifty years before Da Vinci.(One need only to look at the
competition for the Baptistery doors in Florence.)
His exploration of this phenomenon may give the impression
of an unscientific result of perspective but I personally
would compare it to Picassos' breaking up of space
vis-a-vis Cubism in the 20th cent.