POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Confining an object to within an sPatch object : Re: Confining an object to within an sPatch object Server Time
6 Sep 2024 00:20:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Confining an object to within an sPatch object
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 30 Jan 2000 02:39:12
Message: <3893eaa0@news.povray.org>
macro or no, all you would basically need to be doing is CSG difference the
basin from the water spray (union it as a whole by saying union {#include
"spray.inc}) then add in the basin on it's own.

difference {
 spray here
 basin here
}

object {basin here again}

But get that bottle macro, it's great.  Just sounds tougher to me to get set up
for this.

Bob

"The "D"" <the### [at] netzeronet> wrote in message

David Wilkinson <dav### [at] cwcomnet> wrote in message
> On Sun, 23 Jan 2000 22:51:53 -0500, "The \"D\"" <the### [at] netzeronet>
wrote:
> If your basin is circular you could use the bottle macro I posted on 21 Dec 99
in
> povray.binaries.scene-files.  This has a macro for the liquid that keeps it
within the
> bottle.

The basin is a union of splines that looks like the bottom half of a sphere
(sorta) with an upside down hollow cone in it. Would the bottle macro work in
that case?