POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Confining an object to within an sPatch object : Re: Confining an object to within an sPatch object Server Time
6 Sep 2024 00:18:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Confining an object to within an sPatch object
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 30 Jan 2000 02:33:48
Message: <3893e95c@news.povray.org>
Clipping on a primitive should be fine, so long as you get inside/outside
correct for the surface you will use for the 'interior'.  I can't recollect
putting media inside of a partial object so I couldn't say it will definitely be
okay; be sure 'hollow' is in the object.
  'interior' for the refraction ('ior') and a 'fade_distance' might be all you'd
need.  Translucence isn't available yet in MegaPOV or Official POV-Ray
(obviously), but 'fade_color' is.

Bob

"The "D"" <the### [at] netzeronet> wrote in message

Chris Colefax <cco### [at] geocitiescom> wrote in message
> Steve <sjl### [at] zero-ppslocaldomain> wrote:
> The Liquid Spray include file is really designed for particle sprays, and
> although it will create puddles on flat surfaces it doesn't (yet?) allow you
> to fill containers with liquid.
>
> Instead, I might back-up Peter's suggestion of modelling the flat surface of
> the liquid in sPatch as well, or perhaps a simple disc would be enough.
> Either way, unless you want to give the water an interior for fading or
> media, it should be enough just to model the surface with a suitable texture
> for ripples and such.

Well I'm actually not that good with sPatch could I do a primitave using a
bounded or clipped by or is this against the laws of POV? And I was thinking
about using an interior and making the water transparent or translucent (haven't
decided which).