POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cousin of Lamp Shade, Part II : Re: Cousin of Lamp Shade, Part II Server Time
3 Oct 2024 09:23:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cousin of Lamp Shade, Part II
From: David Heys
Date: 29 Jan 2000 23:35:46
Message: <3893BBE6.EB72A5D3@gci.net>
cadman wrote:

> Another with radiosity.  I also added lighting under the cabinets in hopes
> that it would help lighten matters.  I don't like it.  Any suggestions?

These are the settings I use when using MegaPOV. They're a variant on the
example given by Nathan. Also, set most objects to diffuse 0.5:

global_settings {
 assumed_gamma 2.2
 ambient_light 0.25
 ini_option "+QR"
 ini_option "Preview_Start_Size=8"
 ini_option "Preview_End_Size=4"
 radiosity{
  count 20     // Use 20 for tests, 75+ for final
  nearest_count 5
  error_bound 1
  recursion_limit 4
  low_error_factor .5