POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Some macros I wrote ... : Re: Some macros I wrote ... Server Time
3 Oct 2024 09:24:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Some macros I wrote ...
From: Paul Vanukoff
Date: 29 Jan 2000 17:07:17
Message: <38936495@news.povray.org>
David Fontaine wrote in message <38934C33.A6111809@faricy.net>...
>> AngOfDist -> returns the angle of a distance on a circumference, specify
>> radius, and distance, returns the angle. The angle is calculated to
evenly
>> divide into 360, so you can create rings of evenly spaced objects with no
>> uneven gaps.
>
>Not sure what this means... could you post a little graphical example?

The 2nd image I posted above (ColoredRings) is the example. Each ring is
composed of spheres 0.5 units apart on the circumference. The macro simply
calculates the angle between one sphere and the next for a given ring. The
angle given is rounded to the nearest value that will divide into 360, so
objects can be placed evenly around the circumference, with no uneven gaps.

I don't know how else to explain it, you can look at the source code in the
same www folder the macros are in, if you'd like. :)

--
Paul Vanukoff
van### [at] primenetcom