POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Some macros I wrote ... : Some macros I wrote ... Server Time
3 Oct 2024 09:25:16 EDT (-0400)
  Some macros I wrote ...
From: Paul Vanukoff
Date: 29 Jan 2000 11:59:43
Message: <38931c7f@news.povray.org>
Some images created to illustrate these macros. They are available at

  http://www.primenet.com/~vanukoff/3d/povray/

AngOfDist -> returns the angle of a distance on a circumference, specify
radius, and distance, returns the angle. The angle is calculated to evenly
divide into 360, so you can create rings of evenly spaced objects with no
uneven gaps.

RGBfromHue -> returns an RGB vector specifying a color of the hue you have
passed it. Hue is specified from 0 - 1, where 0 is red, 1/6 is yellow, 1/3
is green, 1/2 is cyan, 2/3 is blue, 5/6 is magenta, and 1 is red again. An
invalid hue value will return gray.

Comments welcome.

--
Paul Vanukoff
van### [at] primenetcom

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'Sinesque.jpg' (71 KB) Download 'ColoredRings.jpg' (52 KB)

Preview of image 'Sinesque.jpg'
Sinesque.jpg

Preview of image 'ColoredRings.jpg'
ColoredRings.jpg